12.16.2013

The Stockings Were Hung..........................

 For the last couple of years, I haven't done much in the way of decorating for Christmas.  We were in the middle of a fireplace/living/dining room facelift last year at the Georgia house and for the last two years we have spent Christmas out of town with our family.  I realized that I didn't have that many Christmas decorations at this house.  I can never remember what is where these days!
 With the fireplace now finished, I needed some stockings but wasn't inclined to go out and buy some.
I collect textiles and beautiful fabrics and have never been able to bring myself to throw out a cashmere sweater, even if it is too small or has holes in it, so I dug out some of the winter white ones and an Angora/wool sweater that had been accidently washed and dried and was therefore felted.  Perfect for making stockings.
The stockings made - they were in need of trim.  Ever wonder what to do with that 50 year old fur coat that you inherited, but wouldn't ever consider wearing?
To make full use of the sweaters - I cut the sleeves off, sewed one end closed, stuffed them with poly fill, sewed up the other end to make boot stuffers.
Cheers!
Ry

Photos By: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman