5.04.2009

La Cucina Vigneto.......Cinco de Mayo Part I

Cinco de Mayo is manana............................Better start this party with a margarita!

A festive table setting.......................................................................
Red Chile Enchiladas and refreshing Mojitos........................................

How about a little flamenco dancing................................................................Olé!

We actually don't drink much but wine at our house, however I have a house full of friends coming this month and a request for Margaritas and Mojitos. I brought Rum back from the Cayman Islands and have some Tequila and Controy from Mexico. Should be able to shake up a few cocktails!

The Best Margarita ~ "The Tortilla Papers"

2 lime wedges
coarse salt
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup good white tequila
1/4 cup Controy (or other orange liqueur)
1/2 cup ice

Rub the rim of 2 glasses with a lime wedge, then dip the rims in a dish of coarse salt. In a shaker or blender, mix the lime juice, tequila and controy. Add ice and shake or blend 10-15 seconds, then pour into prepared glasses.
Enjoy!

Photography By: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman
Sotto Il Monte Vineyards



4 comments:

  1. Oh my oh my...we all WILL be dancing the flamenco after Margarita's AND mojitos! Ole!

    Beautiful pictures...is that at your vineyard home??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jain will flip and do the flamenco when she sees this!
    We don't celebrate that here in QC..well we never have.. maybe some do..But I must tell you that it looks like a million dollars on your post.

    The dishes..the Mojito glasses.. Trop beau!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my sort of gathering Ry - next to wine a Margarhita is my most favourite tipple. Ole!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images Ryannan...and thank you!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They make me smile and my day a better one.