8.27.2009

LA CUCINA VIGNETO ....... SUMMER FARE

Between work and travel, I haven't been able to spend any time in blog land lately. Not much time in the kitchen either. We eat fairly light - so I can get by with putting together a plate of some wonderful Tuscan Melon, Prosciutto, Figs from my fig tree, grapes and some nice cheese and crackers. Pair it with a crisp glass of wine and we are good to go.
Dessert might be one of these Tortas de Aceite from Spain. Does anyone have a recipe (Lala maybe) for these? They are made with olive oil and anise.
Last night I made a salad that is a standby for me.
Fresh Greens, Bosc Pear, Dried Cranberries, Dulce Gorgonzola, Toasted Walnuts and either grilled steak or chicken.
We like to have a cheese course for dessert more often than not. Le Délice De Bourgongne triple créme from France, figs drizzled with local honey, french bread, paired with a Sauternes.
Here's to sweet summertime .................................................
Cheers!
Ry

Photography By: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman
Sotto Il Monte Vineyards

5 comments:

  1. Lovely food Ry...everything I love!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dishes look so light and delicious! Tasty meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I love that salad, too - and cheese and honey -YUM! I'm coming to your house!
    xo Isa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also prefer to eat light, focusing more on flavor than quantity. This is a perfect meal for me. I'll keep an eye out for the recipe you're looking for....I have never had them.

    Have a good week...good to see you back in Blogland ;-)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci! Warm weather is almost year round here on the Gulf of Mexico, so lighter food just seems to be the natural choice. Easy too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They make me smile and my day a better one.