8.02.2009

A TYPICAL SATURDAY

A typical Saturday - when we are not at the beach - consists of visiting some of our favorite spots in Houston. Starting with the Farmers Market. It is pretty small - not nearly the size of the Farmers Market that we were used to in Santa Barbara - but it has everything we need.
Fresh flowers..................................................................Grass fed beef, fresh seafood from the Gulf of Mexico, tasty Indian food.......................................................
Freshly baked breads...............................................
Locally grown fruits and vegetables..........................................After that, we went a few short blocks over to Chateau Dominque to look for inspiration for the casa...........................................

Plenty to be found here..............................................
I would love both of these tall, marble topped tables .... great for rolling out pastry....
And this one too.............................................................
Still looking for the perfect front doors for the casa - they have plenty to choose from.............
I'll take this set of Limoges............................(Wishful thinking)


Jim was interested in this pair of Olive Oil pots ..... He was decidedly less enthusiastic when I told him they were $12,000.00 for the pair.

Beautiful stone urns, columns and caps.............................................
Fireplaces of all shapes and sizes..............some so large you would need a castle......................Rich patina and detail..................................................
After spending considerable time in Chateau Dominque we went across the street and had lunch at Tiny Boxwood's Cafe.......................................
Which is connected to my favorite plant store Thompson & Hanson, so I had to take a little walk through..............................................................






Then over to Indulge - right next door. Indulge deserves a blog post all it's own - so I'll save for later.
Hope you had a beautiful weekend too...................................Cheers!
Photography By: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman
Sotto Il Monte Vineyards

11 comments:

  1. Indeed I did, a most beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get the feeling I follow you:)?
    My goodness..as if the photo of basket I left in Provence was not enough to make me visit w/ you..
    I honestly had no idea Houston was so full of old world charm~
    Everywhere you go..everything you do looks like so much fun.
    And so filled with beauty.
    I love the idea of old doors..:) We have many homes here that have done that.
    It suits my tastes.


    And look at the nursery~
    I could swear I was back in Europe w/ your photos.
    What a weekend~
    And yes.. quelle belle vie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, my dear, YOUR saturday was WAAAY more interesting and inspiring than mine was. Harumph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a bit stormy here in Dallas on Saturday. Looks like you had a beautiful day! I'll have to look for your shops the next time I'm in Houston. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I was along with you and want to go back! I too, didn't realize Houston was so full of the old world charm. What a nice day, and you were able to spend it with your husband.

    Thanks for taking us along.....Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara Ry,

    Indeed we did. Una festa sotto la luna. Right now enjoying your Saturday post. Amazing diary photo. Had to go for mor, visiting the Dominique site. Wow, you seem to have all Provence and Italy gathered in one place. What a gold mine! Lucky you! Hope you find your front doors! Bacione, Ingrid in Umbria

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous collection of photos; you are able to capture a feeling of serenity through the lens that is very calming.

    Thank you for sharing a bit of Houston with us Ry. I see lots of lovely, jaw dropping items.

    It's always such a treat to come visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great shots and such a civilised/inspiring way to spent a Saturday morning.

    You're having planning this house I'm guessing ;-)
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a fun tour with this post. That Limoges china is to die for! Love your photography.
    Happy Twirls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Ry - most of these shots look like they were taken in a European Marketplace, not downtown Houston! What a great excursion you had.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They make me smile and my day a better one.