3.13.2010

GARDENING BOOTS....SPRING BLOSSOMS

Recent rains and temps reaching into the 80's have jump started spring here at the house in the hills. Flowering trees and bushes are exploding with blossoms. Time to prune the vines and revisit some of my photos from last year to determine what to add to the garden this time around.
One of the standouts from last season was the "Exotic Love Vine" that I planted from seed.
Mina Lobata "Exotic Love Vine" Renee's Garden
"A rare and vigorous vine with distinctive fleur-de-is shaped leaves and graceful sprays of entrancing blossoms bi-colored in warm coral to creamy yellow." I've had great success with seeds from Renee's Garden, and with names like "Exotic Love and Kiss Me Over The Garden Gate" - who could resist?Tree Ferns - give a softness to the garden - but are not soft to the touch!Mexican Heather provides color all season long as does bougainvillea...................
Always trying to attract the beneficial bees.............................................................

Photography By: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman
Sotto Il Monte Vineyards

13 comments:

  1. How beautiful the blooms are... Can't wait to see the blooms here.
    We will have to check into those seeds too...
    Hope to see you soon.
    xoxo
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I find those seeds you planted? I would love to try some, if they will grow in my sand pit of a yard. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Exotic love vine" - who could resist planting that? Your photos are wonderful, Ry, and a reminder that spring isn't far away. I love the bleeding hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... ah the bleeding heart ... my favorite
    you'll have to see my "blog of the month pick" ... peek in, please ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures of the blooms! I enjoyed your post a lot!
    Thank you for stopping by and leave me a comment!
    Have a wonderful weekend at your wonderful place!!!!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bougainvillea against that mauve door is exquisite..

    I think I can even grow that vine here..I have to look into it..The Kiss me vine:)
    Bleeding Hearts~ Stone Walls~ Bees~
    And that last California poppy(?)/Bee shot..like Fairyflies~♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so lovely RY...so nice to see you post again.
    Your pics make me yearn for Spring...it will be here soon...
    I am sure you have been so busy...
    L~xo

    Watch out for that spam posted right above my post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently discovered your blog, and I love, love, love it!

    I had never heard of the Exotic Love vine. It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful reminder of spring as we are in the middle of a Nor'easter here in Boston. I love love the bougainvillea over the door pic.

    Glad to see you post...hope the reno is going well...is that an oxymoron?

    Thanks for the brightness in my rainy day :-)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful...and colorful...and full of new growth! Love it! Some of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow those "exotic love vines" are beautiful, you take great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring is here! Lovely photos. I am going to have to find some of these. Isn't it grand to see such lovely flowers on a spring day?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love creepers, vines & flowering thingies (technical gardening term!!) growing up a wall. Lovely to see you back Ry & thanks for your good wishes during the week.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They make me smile and my day a better one.