2.19.2009

Gardening Boots ....... Roses

Roses ......... I love them!
It was my intention to enter this post
on Valentine's Day ....... however I was
driving across the desert that day, heading
back to the coast. Late to the party, as usual.

The roses above were a gift to me
from my sister-in-law. She is such a lovely person and so generous, always giving
thoughtful gifts. These are from her garden in Ventura County ~ California.











More California roses below ~ Roses from a Montecito cutting garden ~ Wedding bouquet from my favorite flower shop in Santa Barbara ~ A rose in the garden at the Carmel Mission.



Santa Fe Roses ~ An arrangement by Interior Designer Jane Smith ~ Roses along an adobe wall

More Montecito Roses
Roses in my kitchen at Sotto Il Monte.................... and the last ~ a close up of June's Roses

Photography by: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman
Copyright: Sotto Il Monte Vineyards