2.19.2009

Gardening Boots ....... Roses

Roses ......... I love them!
It was my intention to enter this post
on Valentine's Day ....... however I was
driving across the desert that day, heading
back to the coast. Late to the party, as usual.

The roses above were a gift to me
from my sister-in-law. She is such a lovely person and so generous, always giving
thoughtful gifts. These are from her garden in Ventura County ~ California.











More California roses below ~ Roses from a Montecito cutting garden ~ Wedding bouquet from my favorite flower shop in Santa Barbara ~ A rose in the garden at the Carmel Mission.



Santa Fe Roses ~ An arrangement by Interior Designer Jane Smith ~ Roses along an adobe wall

More Montecito Roses
Roses in my kitchen at Sotto Il Monte.................... and the last ~ a close up of June's Roses

Photography by: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman
Copyright: Sotto Il Monte Vineyards

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh. Nothing like a beautiful,dripping with scent, rose.

    I recieved a beautiful box for Valentines day from my Hubs...Still lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all beautiful shots. i adore roses, sadly so do deer... so many gorgeous images. i never pruned mine this winter, i will regret that this summer... they were still blooming, didn't have it in me to hack them down to 2'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you love wine then you will LOVE my trash turned treasure post at
    http://savvycityfarmer.blogspot.com

    thanks for following the farmer!!

    I love it here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They make me smile and my day a better one.