2.28.2009

Vino Notes ..... Open That Bottle!

Tonight is "Open That Bottle!" night. OTBN is a tradition created by Wall Street Journal wine aficionados Dottie Gaiter and John Brecher. The premise is to open a bottle of wine you have been saving for a special occasion. We have all done it - put a bottle away that we keep thinking we will open on a special day. Then a few years go by - maybe 20 - and the bottle is still in the wine cellar. Open it Up! With that said, I have bottles of wine that I will probably never open - they mean too much to me. I'd rather go have a look at them once in a while - pick them up and admire them, and put them safely back. And tonight - I'll open something up - just not sure what yet.............................................
Photography By: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman
Copyright: Sotto Il Monte Vineyards