2.28.2009

Vino Notes ..... Open That Bottle!

Tonight is "Open That Bottle!" night. OTBN is a tradition created by Wall Street Journal wine aficionados Dottie Gaiter and John Brecher. The premise is to open a bottle of wine you have been saving for a special occasion. We have all done it - put a bottle away that we keep thinking we will open on a special day. Then a few years go by - maybe 20 - and the bottle is still in the wine cellar. Open it Up! With that said, I have bottles of wine that I will probably never open - they mean too much to me. I'd rather go have a look at them once in a while - pick them up and admire them, and put them safely back. And tonight - I'll open something up - just not sure what yet.............................................
Photography By: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman
Copyright: Sotto Il Monte Vineyards

5 comments:

  1. i am not much of a drinker... but i do love your idea. too often we save things for the occasions that never come. live it up and enjoy the now, especially toasting to good times, sounds like an excellent idea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent suggestion Ryannan, and I think I'll join in your idea this evening!

    Welcome to the Darling Bakers!

    I love your blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just opened Marques Caceres....Rioja 2005

    It's a lovely red...not dry, with hints of fruit, but not sweet.

    A lovely price, too...12.99 at SuperTarget.

    Beautiful label and cork with a crown motif!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a typo there - clearly too much wine! What I intended to say was:
    I also enjoy Marques Caceres Rioja 2005 - we opened a bottle of that last week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They make me smile and my day a better one.