4.06.2009

GARDENING BOOTS............SUCCULENTS

After this years extreme drought in both California and Texas ~ I'm thinking of putting in a few succulents. These two images were taken in Montecito when I was out for a walk one day.
Botanik in Summerland, CA is a great place to find beautiful succulents ~ like the one below......................................
I took these next images at Seaside Gardens. It is a lovely place to stroll around. Four acres of really beautiful gardens, a nursery and gift shop.


Mountain Aloe..............................
Fan Aloe..............................
Another favorite garden that I frequent is the garden surrounding the Carmel Mission. This last image of Aloe was taken there.

Photography by: Ryannan Bryer de Hickman
Copyright: Sotto Il Monte Vineyards

7 comments:

  1. While in Montréal today I actually thought of you and Jain:)

    It was Les Miz here.. w/ dark and raining and cold and humid..Both of your charmed lives crossed my mind..
    Lovely ..lovely photos~
    C'est TA vie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I don't generally give much thought to succulents... I guess I should since I live in Texas! I love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you did those sharp deadly succulents sweet justice with your camera! I have some (a lot) of blue agave that we had to seperate the pups and give away and re-plant....ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are lovely...it was 29* this morning when I woke up...the sun is shining but it is still COLD!
    You warmed me right up!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful color and texture. i have never been brave enough to use succulents, its a hard one to pull off well where i live... and carmel mission, how i love it ALL there, its funny the last pic grabbed me too... its just in my blood~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...I love the way you captured the light in the third photo. For reasons unknow to me, my favorite is the last one of the fan aloe. The way you caught it, it looks like a creature from the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there,
    your fotos are really wonderful and impressive. i start to follow your page...
    greetings
    anja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They make me smile and my day a better one.